RingCentral is the world’s largest cloud communications provider and is a huge name in the VoIP industry for numerous reasons. According to Gartner, they are world leaders in the Unified Communications as a Service (‘UCAAS’).
RingCentral provides communications services for large enterprises and small businesses. They have worked with companies across multiple industries, including AXA, BMJ, CheckPoint Technologies, Coursera, Del Monte, First Bank, Pacific BMW, and many more. RingCentral essential offers a centralized repository for all communications using a cloud-based phone system, that is significantly cheaper than traditional landlines. Setup is easy and it provides an easy onboarding process for employees as well as a stable platform for communication with customers and third parties.
Also provided are data analytics, round-the-clock customer service, webinars, enhanced security capabilities, and customized solutions for specific business needs. For larger enterprises, it can be useful for its artificial intelligence, advanced analytics, APIs, interoperability with other platforms, and messaging services.
RingCentral provides a free trial, demo, and a 30-Day Money Back Guarantee, showcasing their strong confidence in the suitability of their product for your needs. This assurance assures customers that they won’t incur any financial loss. If customers are dissatisfied with the product, they can request a full refund within 30 days, no questions asked.
The Essentials Package comes with a price tag of CAD $40.00 (or $30.00 per user per month if paid annually). This package offers unlimited domestic calling in the US/Canada, 100 Toll-free minutes, 25 business SMS per user per month, end-to-end encryption for calls, call queues, call recording, and additional features.
Included in this package are call management and phone system administration, visual voicemail, voicemail to email, popular integrations with Office 365, Google, Slack, 24/7 customer support, professional implementation, call log reports, HD voice calling, voicemail transcription to text, and on-demand call recording. While the Core Package is an excellent choice for many small businesses, it lacks certain features present in other subscription models, as outlined below.
The Advanced plan is available at CAD $45.00 (or CAD $35.00 per user per month when paid annually). It encompasses all the features of the Core Package, but with an enhancement to 1000 toll-free minutes per month and 100 Enhanced Business SMS per user per month. Additional advantages include advanced call monitoring features like whisper, barge, and monitor, hot desking, and unlimited internet fax.
For an additional $5 per month, opting for the Advanced Package proves worthwhile for most businesses. Notably, the inclusion of automatic call recording, along with the extra 900 toll-free minutes, justifies the incremental cost difference between the two plans.
The Ultra plan is priced at CAD $55.00 per user per month, or CAD $45 per user per month when paid annually, representing a notable increase from the preceding tier. Despite the elevated cost, this plan comes with significant advantages, offering 10,000 toll-free minutes per month and accommodating up to 200 participants in video conference meetings—double the capacity of other plans, which permit only 100 participants. The extra toll-free minutes alone can easily justify the increased cost for many business models.
The Ultimate Package encompasses everything available in the Advanced Package, and additionally provides unlimited storage for files, messaging, and recordings, device analytics and alerts, and free access to Business Analytics Pro. Each subscription package includes a free trial. Users have the option to add extra toll-free numbers for CAD $4.99 per month, international numbers at CAD $5.99 per month, international toll-free numbers at $14.99 per month, and vanity numbers for a one-time CAD $30 fee.
RingCentral offers a range of enterprise-level VoIP plans tailored to meet the needs of larger corporations, establishing strong partnerships with prominent entities such as C&S Wholesale Grocers and ABP UK. In comparison to many competitors, RingCentral Enterprise stands out for its competitiveness. The RingCentral Ultra plan, in particular, is favored by most enterprises, featuring 10,000 toll-free minutes and unlimited video conferencing accommodating up to 200 participants. Moreover, it seamlessly integrates with platforms like SalesForce, ZenDesk, and Desk.com.
Enterprises may find value in specific functionalities, such as the capability of RingCentral to replace legacy on-site PBX systems with a more efficient, cloud-based solution known as Virtual or Cloud PBX. This eliminates the need for complex hardware installation or maintenance. Additionally, enterprises may opt for RingCentral to consolidate multiple vendors, unify communications across diverse networks, or integrate existing applications.
For those enterprises desiring customized applications, RingCentral provides a developer platform with published and open-source SDKs. This empowers enterprises to create tailored applications alongside RingCentral software. The developer program facilitates direct access to data, enabling easy monitoring of trends and providing a robust foundation for enterprises keen on capitalizing on client trends and conducting in-depth analyses.
RingCentral Ranked #1 for Business VoIP Service
RingCentral holds the top spot as the #1 business VoIP service, and this recognition is well-founded. As highlighted earlier, a 2019 Gartner report affirmed its standing as the leading UCaaS provider globally, marking the third consecutive year for RingCentral to receive this accolade. Notably versatile, RingCentral caters seamlessly to both small businesses and larger enterprises.
Numerous customers have reported noteworthy savings, often exceeding 30%, upon transitioning from traditional phone lines to RingCentral’s VoIP services. The key advantages frequently cited include the straightforward setup process, cost-effectiveness, and seamless integration with GLIP. RingCentral’s VoIP services empower remote work and offer superior customization options compared to traditional landlines.
Tailoring its offerings not only based on size but also on the specific industry of the client, RingCentral operates in over 80 countries, positioning itself as an all-encompassing communications provider. Its array of services includes messaging, customized apps, VoIP calls, video conferencing, and integrations with major brands such as Microsoft, Google, Dropbox, SalesForce, among others. With a 24/7 live chat support team, RingCentral stands out as one of the premier communication solutions globally.
- Minimum cost is $40.00 per user per month ($30/user/mo paid annually). The companies can sign up from 1 to 20 users per year. This Core plan also includes unlimited calling and unlimited texting
- Advanced plan suitable for up to 100 participants at $45.00 per user per month ($35/user/mo paid annually). Additional features include internet fax.
- Ultimate plan available at $55.00 per month per user ($45/user/mo paid annually). The plan also provides unlimited storage and reporting on device status.
- High-definition video conferencing for meetings where up to 200 people can participate. Businesses can avoid the need for investing in a third-party meeting service.
- Automated attendants that greets incoming callers and routes them to the appropriate recipients without the need for human supervision.
- Intermediate and advanced software versions that allow users to connect call data with most commonly-used applications like Slack, Salesforce, and others.
- A mobile app makes it possible for businesses to use their own devices. This BYOD facility from RingCentral makes it possible for businesses to avail of a flexible cell phone program for their workforce.
- Internet FAX allows you to easily send and receive faxes using your computer, mobile device, Microsoft Outlook, various cloud storage providers (like Dropbox), and other platforms.
- End-to-end encryption (E2EE) ensures that no unauthorized third party, including RingCentral, can access the conversation. For security-conscious organizations, E2EE offers privacy for confidential discussions, along with protection against third-party intrusion and attacks.
Advantages of using VoIP
- Lower Monthly Costs – Because all of the calls are completed over a cloud-based infrastructure, the costs are far lower than traditional providers. The cost savings are significant. For example, a landline could cost $50 a month, in comparison to a VoIP service that only costs $20 per month. This is a huge saving for a small business.
- Lower Hardware Costs – Companies that use a Private Branch Exchange (‘PBX’) can pay a lot of money for the installation of hardware, ranging from $500 to $2000. VoIP does away with this cost (you still need to pay for an IP phone, but this is separate from a PBX installation).
- Enables Remote Work – A VoIP service allows employees to log in from anywhere and work on the go. They can take client calls and attend video conferences as long as they have an internet connection.
- Increased Scalability – It is far easier to scale a VoIP infrastructure in comparison to a landline, which requires expensive hardware to scale.
- Increased Functionality – VoIP solutions typically come with data analytics, auto attendants, chatbots, AI, call transfer, and much more. You can also multitask (send files, send emails, upload documents) while on active calls.
- Increased Security – VoIP technology can help to protect confidential information and to secure information using encryption. It can encourage and automate healthy verification procedures and password habits.
All of these benefits can be obtained from clients of the RingCentral UCAAS product range, at a competitive price.